Tempsure Envi for Dry Eye Relief
What is Dry Eye Disease?
Dry Eye Disease (DED) is a medical condition that occurs when the eye does not produce the right quality and quantity of tears to nourish and keep the front of the eye comfortable and well lubricated. Inflammation is frequently involved.
Dry eye symptoms include:
- A stinging, burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes.
- Stringy mucus in or around your eyes.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Eye redness.
- A sensation of having something in your eyes.
- Difficulty wearing contact lenses.
- Problems with vision during nighttime driving.
- Blurred vision or eye fatigue.
Dry eye symptoms can also include excessively watery eyes. This may seem counterintuitive, but an imbalance in the tear film can affect the tears’ ability to function properly. Tears are composed of 3 layers:
- A mucous layer that distributes the tear film.
- A water layer that lubricates the eyes.
- An oil layer that reduces water evaporation.
TempSure Envi can help adjust the balance in your tears by targeting the meibomian glands.
What Are Meibomian Glands & How Do They Affect Dry Eye?
The meibomian glands produce the oily layer of the tear film. The oily component of your tears keeps the watery layer in place and makes sure your eye’s surface is smooth so you can blink easily.
Meibomian gland dysfunction is when these glands get inflamed or blocked, which prevents the right amount of oils from reaching your eye.
TempSure Envi uses radiofrequency technology to stimulate the meibomian glands with heat. This can treat clogs, allowing the meibomian glands to get back to business bringing the lipid layer of your tears to the surface of the eye!